Related Posts with Thumbnails

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Updates In The Basement





YEAH HAPPY NEW SOFA!

I have been watching Craigslist for a new sofa for quite a while now.
Originally I wanted a simple settee for the master bedroom that I can reupholster.

But, when a great bargain comes along, you just have to take it.
Well, at least that is my excuse.

Mr. M., the kids and I picked up the sofa at a tiny antique shop in Buffalo.
The guy had some amazing chairs, but due to the abundance that I already have!
I didn't bother to ask the price.
I knew I would get THE LOOK from Mr. M.

I have been wanting to replace the sofa in the basement for a long time.
13 Years long!
The only problem was, the first one was free.
How could I justify buying a new sofa when it wasn't a NEED as Mr. M. put it.

I had my argument all ready.
Old sofa, messy and needing a new slipcover.
Old sofa, too big for room.
Old sofa, not worth buying fabric nor worth sewing new slipcover for.




When this new sofa came along.
I just had to explain the savings of buying now verses a new one in a couple of years.

I can be persuasive.

I love my new sofa, and at half the cost than if we had traveled to Ikea to get it.

Now if only I can get my sewing machine fixed.
I am in the mood to sew some major slipcovers.

And you, what are you doing to get through the winter blahhhs?


6 comments:

  1. How fabulous, a new sofa is always wonderful. Hugs, marty

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your new couch. We don't have basements out here, but this room does not look like a basement! ♡ Great find!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have that same style of sofa and bought it at a consignment shop six years ago. Purchased a set of replacement slipcovers at Ikea online. You might go to the online Ikea site and check out the slipcovers. They come in various colors and sometimes cost less than going to an Ikea store. Advice- you can machine wash the slipcovers and dry them on low in the dryer instead of on a clothesline, but they do shrink a bit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, yes I have heard of that website and I plan on getting a second slipcover for summer time, maybe even with color. Thank you for letting me know. Alaina

      Delete
  4. Hi Awal, I just love the cushions you have on your new couch. I'm just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your sofa!! I'm jealous-I've been searching Craiglist for a white/cream colored slipcovered sofa forever, to no avail. I'm gonna have to have slipcovers made for my existing couch/loveseat so I don't have to spend a fortune on new furniture!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy each and every comment you leave. Thanks for stopping by.