Related Posts with Thumbnails

Friday, July 13, 2012

Where I Create



For now, this will have to do.
I have company and I did not get a chance to update my post for Where Blogger's Create, so I am going
to show my post from last year when I missed the party because I killed the machine.


Thank you Karen for having such a lovely party.
Please stop by My Desert Cottage and visit all the creative bloggers and where they get their create on.

Let's get this PARTY started!


Seeing as I had all the extra non-computer time, I finished rearranging the room and fluffed a little more than it would have been last week.



This picture is what I see when I peak into my blog room.

This room is small, only 9x11, but I know how to pack a room with furniture and not make it too crowded.
This room is always full of light from three large windows.

To me it is just perfect!


This is the desk where everything is done.
I have everything within arms reach.


My favorite pin board for inspirations.
Collections of my father's paintings turned into Christmas cards from years past.


Some of my mirror collection and a chicken wire frame to hang important notices.


My favorite fairy Clara, named so because she looks like my grandma.
She dances above my head hanging from the light fixture.


Beautiful Hydrangeas from my gardens and a stray baseball that I simply can't seem to get away from.

Important message on the chalk board.
Stay cool by swimming and BACKUP the computer!



This cabinet stores a variety of china that I can not bare to part with but do not decorate with.
I also use it to store paper for the computer and school supplies for the kids.



I love the look of this topiary, who happens to be in need of a haircut.
Green and white my favorite color combination.




A simple secretary I bought at a garage sale and painted white last year. 
The drawers are packed with some of my craft supplies that I like to keep handy for when I get in the mood to create something.


I make sure to have plenty of buttons on hand.


This is the first slipcover that I made. 
I am glad to say that I have improved, but I love this couch.
It is a great place for the kids to come and chat with me while I am on the computer.

Now I am off to join the family for some early Sat. morning cartoons.


Thank you for stopping and visiting my blog room.
Make sure to close the door when you leave.

As said this post is from last year.
I will try to get my updated post up asap.
Thanks for stopping by.

41 comments:

  1. Such a pretty space with great natural light from those windows. Love that sofa in between them. Looks like creativity runs in the family -- as your father's paintings look lovely. Have a great weekend. Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad your shared your space this year! It's wonderful and light and gorgeous...looks a whole lot larger than 9x11!! Great job on decorating...
    LOVE that pinboard...and your dad's paintings...gorgeous!
    Happy blogging!
    Doni

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your creative space is just lovely! And I ADORE that white cabinet with the lattice front! I'm glad you were still able to join us this year. :) Have fun looking through the list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a sweet and pretty space. I'm glad you reposted it. I didn't see it last year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your space, Awal, especially your furniture pieces! Great fairy ~ she'd be an inspiration muse to me. : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your space is so serene and soft. I also have lots of china that I cannot seem to part with. This is my first year at the party, so I too am so glad you re-posted. Enjoyed the tour and oh!, Love your framed in pin board. ♥ ஆ

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your space, so homey.
    I love your inspiration board/piece and that tall pillar, awesome.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Michelw

    ReplyDelete
  8. Utterly charming! I love the light bright airy feel, it speaks peace. What a great place to foster creativity. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. love, love, love - your home, your blogging space, your furniture! oh thank you for all the inspiration. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A wonderfully taken use of room.
    White and old furniture is inspireing.
    Hugs
    Eva Agnes

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the inspiration. I so love that color combination and the slipcover you made for your sofa. Your studio is very comfortable and inspiring! Pam

    ReplyDelete
  12. Now that's My type of little room!I could feel very comfortable there all day and night.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really enjoyed your space and after looking around your blog decided to become your newest follower!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a lovely space. I could have a cup of tea and curl up with a book there!
    Thanks for sharing with us!

    Hugs,
    Kristi

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yes, a relaxing and pretty space to create 8in.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your room might be small but it's very charming and inviting. I love the furniture you chose and the vintage decorative items you've added. If I'd enter the room, I'd feel comfortable right away.
    Happy Sunday!
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  17. Pretty pretty pretty! Thanks for sharing your space with us.... Stacey

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your creative space and your style. I am going to catch up on some of your last posts. Love your blog. I am your newest follower.

    blessings,
    Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh I love your space its so bright and airy, Thanks for sharing, Love Hazelxo

    ReplyDelete
  20. Shabby and worn to the "T" and I love it! You have captured a special look. Love it and I am a new follower here.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful, comfy space. I love all the furniture and you still have room! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  22. I adore that china cabinet. The doors on it are to die for! Your space looks so relaxing and peaceful. A perfect place to blog.

    ReplyDelete
  23. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Such a cozy, quaint little room! I'd be sitting on that couch reading a book if I could. I love the distressed look and LOVE the cabinet! TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  25. A studio doesn't have to be large and you certainly showed all of us how its done...Great job just BEAUTIFUL...I'm inspired. Charmaine

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a beautiful space you have! Thanks for the tour...

    Blessings,

    Victoria from Brushstrokes

    ReplyDelete
  27. wonderful space, You have nice set up .Hope you can come by Laura

    ReplyDelete
  28. Cant tell from the pictures that its a small space, but that just shows one how it can be done. Beautiful, and I love also the combination of whites and greens. What I really like is how you have only few hints of colour in there, like in the pinboard. And I love that cabinet, stunning piece.

    ReplyDelete
  29. gorgeous creative haven! oh my...i adore every beautiful detail. so happy i found you via this delightful party! I am your newest follower! nice to meet you!

    ~*~michelle~*~

    ReplyDelete
  30. What a sweet space you have created! I do love all the light shining though and the fairy is so cute!

    bee blessed
    mary

    ReplyDelete
  31. lovely space! I just adore that cabinet. It is beautiful! Have a great day
    MC

    ReplyDelete
  32. You had me at that banner of yours, missy!! LOL Buttons and books....love. Well, I love the whole space as you have decorated it beautifully! I spied the two cream mirrors and knew we could be great friends as that shape for a mirror always grabs me. I love how you have a space with everything tucked away... visit my blog and you will see why. Simple and clean... thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Wow, beautiful space, I adore that column and all the vintage goodies! Thank you for the tour!

    ReplyDelete
  34. I love, love, love it Alaina! You have so many interesting pieces to hold your treasures. I am loving the little cabinet over the computer!!!!
    sending hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  35. What a beautiful space. I think I have button envy! You have so many in such a pretty shade!

    ReplyDelete
  36. wonderful space and so bright and cheery. The vintage pieces really makes it come to life and give it a more personal touch.

    ReplyDelete
  37. How lucky you are to have two spaces! I certainly enjoyed my visit. I'll be back to visit again. Thanks for the tour.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy each and every comment you leave. Thanks for stopping by.